Last Night’s Quick Scores
- Logan Verrett, who hasn’t won a game since July 19th, pitched a gem on Monday tossing eight innings, allowing one run on three hits, while walking three and striking out seven to earn his ninth victory on the season.
- Matt den Dekker was 3 for 4, and hit his eighth home run for Vegas with a walk, and has hit safely in eight of last ten games batting .417 (15 for 36) in that span.
- Matt Reynolds went hitless in four at bats, ending his nine game hitting streak.
- Outfielder Maikis De La Cruz was 4 for 6, with two runs scored, a double and drove in three runs in St. Lucie’s dominating win on Monday. He has hit safely in seven of his last eight games with five multi-hit games in that span.
- L.J. Mazzilli went 2 for 4, with two runs scored, a double and two RBI’s, In his last ten games, he has scored eight runs, drove in six and has five multi-hit games in the span.
- Domingo Tapia won his fifth game on the season for St. Lucie by tossing 5.1 innings, allowing four runs (three earned), walking two and striking out five.
- Center fielder John Mora, who was recently promoted from the Gulf Coast Mets to Brooklyn, was 2 for 4, with a run scored and a double.
- Michael Conforto singled in four at bats and drove in his 10th RBI on the season. In 17 games, he has 22 hits in 62 at bats (.364).
- Lefty closer Shane Bay tossed 1.1 innings striking out one and earning his 10th save (5th straight) for Brooklyn.
Jack Leathersich was promoted to Triple A Las Vegas on Monday for his second go around with the 51′s. In 2013, the lefty pitched in 28 games with Vegas and was 2-0, a 7.76 ERA, with 29 walks and 47 K’s in 29 innings. For the start of this season, he started with Binghamton, and in 37 appearances, he was 3-3, 2.93 ERA, with a save and 79 K’s in 46 innings. Leathersich who has been shown to be wild at times, walked only 21 batters in the 46 innings he has pitched for Bingo, which is a huge improvement from the previous season.
News From The Farm
A new TV show this season for the Brooklyn Cyclones.