Last Night’s Quick Scores
- Las Vegas 14, New Orleans 5
- Rome 3, Savannah 2
- Brooklyn 2, Staten Island 0
- Kingsport vs Bluefield – Postponed
Minor League Notes
- Daniel Muno hit his 13th home run for a Grand Slam and drove in five runs.
- Matt Reynolds singled in four at bats and scored two runs and extended his hitting streak to five games.
- Kevin Plawecki was 2 for 4, scoring two runs, and extending his hitting streak to seven straight games. He is batting .481 (13 for 27) with five multi-hit games in that span.
- Cesar Puello finished 3 for 3, with two runs scored, two doubles, his fifth home run and drove in two runs.
- Tomas Nido went 1-for-3 for Brooklyn and now has a healthy 10-game hitting streak.
- John Mora now has a five-game hitting streak for the Cyclones after going 1-for-2 in Brooklyn’s win over the Yankees.
- Tyler Moore has now recorded at least one RBI in each of his last four games for Brooklyn.
- In his final rehab start, Daisuke Matsuzaka went five innings striking out seven, with two hits and two walks.
- With his 14th save of the season, Shane Bay is now tied for the lead in the New York-Penn League.
- Yeixon Ruiz RBI on Savannah’s loss to Rome, gives him 12 in his last 10 games.
- Champ Stuart extended his hit streak to six games after going 1-for-3 Thursday night.
Las Vegas Wins PCL Pacific Southern Division Crown
Back to back! 51s are back in the playoffs! pic.twitter.com/JKMMEd5q4K
— Las Vegas 51s (@LasVegas51s) August 22, 2014