Last Night’s Quick Scores
- New Orleans 4, Las Vegas 0
- Binghamton 8, Erie 5
- St. Lucie 6, Charlotte 2
- Staten Island 14, Brooklyn 4
- Rome 6, Savannah 3
Minor League Notes
- Daniel Muno enjoyed his second straight game with three hits finishing 3 for 4.
- Matt Reynolds singled to extend his hitting streak to five games, batting .444 (8 for 18) in that span.
- Kevin Plawecki singled to extend his hitting streak to six games.
- Gabriel Ynoa pitched seven innings allowing one run on five hits, while striking out four, picking up his third win and first in over a month for Binghamton.
- Dilson Herrera belted his ninth home run and went 3-for-4 in Binghamton’s 8-5 win over Erie. Herrera has six hits in his last three games, and has 71 in his 53 games.
- Another player having continued success at the Double-A level is T.J. Rivera. He also went 3-for-4 on Monday night raising his average to .344. Rivera has seven hits in his last three to one-up Herrera.
- With his 3-for-4 night, Darrell Ceciliani extended his current hitting streak to nine games. He has registered at least one hit in 21 of his last 23 games.
- Matt Koch picked up his eighth win of the season in the 6-2 St. Lucie win. Koch went seven solid which was his longest outing since May 17th. It was his third time this season notching six punch-outs during his body of work.
- L.J. Mazzilli posted a 2-for-4 night extending his current hitting streak to seven games. He has 12 hits during that stretch.
- Michael Conforto went 2-for-4 on Monday night and has hit safely in five out of his last six games. He is now batting .318 in his first professional season.
- Brooklyn’s pitching staff allowed nine walks as a unit in the 14-4 drubbing against the Yankees.
- Tomas Nido went 1-for-3 and extended his hitting streak to nine games. He has 14 hits during that time frame.
MiLB.com Photo Of The Week
Brooklyn Cyclones Tucker Tharp‘s diving catch was highlighted as a Photo of the Week for August 13, 2014 by MiLB. (Photo Credit: Rick Nelson)