Step away from your burger and drop your napkins…
According to a report on ESPN New York, Philadelphia Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg and New York Mets first baseman Lucas Duda both came down with food poisoning over the weekend at Citi Field, and both said Tuesday that they believe a hamburger from Shake Shack was the cause.
Sandberg told reporters in Philadelphia that he lost six pounds in two days. Duda was hospitalized Friday afternoon, and later blamed an under-cooked hamburger. Duda confirmed Tuesday at Yankee Stadium that the burger also came from Shake Shack.
Adam Rubin says that Greg Waters, a senior manager with Shake Shack, is investigating the situation and is attempting to get in touch with Sandberg to learn more.
A Mets official confirmed they are also investigating the matter.
This might be a good time to say that the Pat La Freida Short Rib Hamburger is the best I’ve ever tasted. Get it with cheddar and grilled vidalia onions.