Rafael Montero will throw the first pitch of the Mets’ Grapefruit League schedule, on Friday at 1:10 p.m. against the Washington Nationals at Tradition Field.
Montero, 23, went a combined 12-7 with a 2.78 ERA in 27 starts between Double-A Binghamton and Triple-A Las Vegas last season.
This amazing control artist allowed 136 hits and walked 35 while striking out 150 in 155 1/3 innings.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York posted the upcoming starting-pitching schedule as follows:
- February 28 vs. Nationals: Rafael Montero
- March 1 vs. Marlins: John Lannan
- March 2 at Cardinals: Daisuke Matsuzaka
- March 3 at Braves: Noah Syndergaard
- March 4 vs. Astros: Jonathon Niese
I am freaking pumped!
By the way, we are at Port St. Lucie. We don’t really do photos and videos, but we have been compiling about a dozen player interviews so far that we plan to post beginning tomorrow. Some great stuff coming up over the next few weeks.
Lets Go Mets!