FanGraphs just posted their 2014 ZiPS projections for the Mets. Here are this year’s results for Mets hitters:
For pitcher projections visit FanGraphs here.
- It looks like they have Chris Young producing at about the same level as Curtis Granderson who came in much lower than what I would have expected.
- David Wright seems poised for another solid season at third base. I think their projection is a bit too conservative actually.
- Both Juan Lagares and Travis d’Arnaud show some improvement over 2013, but not nearly what most Mets fans including myself are hoping for.
- Also slight upticks for Ike Davis and Ruben Tejada.
- Interestingly enough, Cesar Puello projected nicely and his power is well reflected. However, whether he sees that kind of playing time is very debatable.
- Not bad for ZiPS which are always among the most conservative of computer projections. However, the Mets fan in me always wants more padding on our players… Gimme 2-3 90 RBI guys!