Imagine this exciting shortstop prospect on the Mets?
Okay, get your tongues back in your mouth… Did you get a chance to read John Harper’s trade proposals in the Daily News this morning? Harper proposes a string of five hypothetical trades that have the Mets using their presumed pitching surplus to solidify other areas of the team.
With baseball’s GM meetings set to begin this week in Orlando, now’s the time when many of the blockbusters we’ll see reported in the coming weeks begin to take shape. So check out these five potential deals and share your thoughts – or go ahead and engineer a few of your own blockbusters…
- Jon Niese, Rafael Montero, and Ike Davis to the Orioles for J.J. Hardy, Nick Markakis and Wei-Yin Chen
- Zack Wheeler and Daniel Murphy to the Dodgers for Andre Ethier, Joc Pederson and Zach Lee
- Jon Niese, Rafael Montero, and Ike Davis to the Blue Jays for Edwin Encarnacion and Brett Cecil
- Dillon Gee, Rafael Montero, and Daniel Murphy to the Angels for Mark Trumbo, Howie Kendrick and Mike Morin
- Noah Syndergaard to the Cubs for Javier Baez
I’m in love with two of these five suggestions.
While I’m in no rush to trade Wheeler or Murphy, getting back Ethier for now and then Pederson and Lee for the future really excites me. This one has a chance to become a major coup for the Mets.
Thor is another pitching prospect I wouldn’t trade – unless someone dangles a prospect like Baez in front of me. In terms of a clear cut one-for-one prospect trade – this might be the only one I’d trade Syndergaard for.