Now that all the sorting out has been completed, the Mets will officially be selecting in the No. 10 slot for the 2014 First Year Player Draft. The Mets “earn” a protected pick going into the 2013-14 offseason. Here’s the official order for next June’s first round which includes the consolation pick for the Toronto Blue Jays: 1. Astros (2013 record: 51-111) 2. Marlins (62-100) 3. White Sox (63-99) 4. Cubs (66-96) 5. Twins (66-96) 6. Mariners (71-91) 7. Phillies (73-89) 8. Rockies (74-88) 9. Blue Jays (74-88) 10. Mets (74-88) 11. Blue Jays (for failure […]
According to a report in the New York Post, the Mets will be looking to refinance “roughly $250 million in bank debt”. This is no doubt referring to the large note that becomes due in June of 2014, that we’ve talked and heard so much about. But thanks to the great job by Sandy Alderson, the lenders are thrilled and after huge losses in 2011 and 2012, a source told the post that the Mets […]
Last night was just the opening act, tonight the playoffs officially begin! This year’s playoffs (minus not having the Mets) to me look to be very enjoyable on paper. I don’t think there is a team that I legitimately can say I have a strong feeling “should” win it all. Tonight, the Pittsburgh Pirates welcome the Cincinnati Reds to beautiful PNC Park. This is a tough game for me to predict because I do not […]
Andy Martino of the New York Daily News wrote a column endorsing the Mets decision to resign Terry Collins to a two-year deal in a column he wrote in today’s edition. His piece doesn’t spend much time addressing the Mets won/loss record. I assume, like many, that he doubts that with the Mets’ rosters Terry Collins has inherited over his three years as Mets skipper, few other baseball managers could have squeezed out an appreciably higher […]
- Timothy Frith: on Mariners Seal The Deal With 10-Year, $240 Million For Cano: I hope Robinson Cano struggles in Seattle...
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: Oh please...look at his stats. Just because...
- Lareplus: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: I kind of like this idea. ...
- Ed Leyro: on Curtis Granderson Is About To Join An Exclusive Club: Dawson was a great player, but he...
- Jimmy12: on Curtis Granderson Is About To Join An Exclusive Club: Power stats generated in the new Yankee...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!