The Mets have made a few roster moves today (and yesterday, for that matter). Here’s a summary of everything I can see that’s going on:
- Matt Reynolds and Kevin Plawecki may be done in St. Lucie with the FSL season, but they will get a taste of the Eastern League playoffs with the Binghamton Mets. In 430 at-bats with St. Lucie this season, Reynolds hit .226/.302/.335 with five homers and 46 RBIs. Plawecki split time with St. Lucie and Savannah. He’s stepped to the plate 447 times, and has put together a a combined .304/.390/.447 line with eight homers and 79 RBIs.
- New York is still hoping they’ll see Jeurys Familia back in the bullpen before 2013 comes to a close. He took a step closer to doing that today in PSL. He threw an inning for St. Lucie in their season-ending 16-0 blowout victory. He allowed no runs on one hit, one walk, and one strikeout in his appearance. He’s been sidelined for most of the season, last appearing in a big league game on May 8th against the Chicago White Sox.
- Sandy Alderson said the bulk of the September call-ups will be coming once the affiliates are done with their respective postseasons, but there are three new Mets heading to DC to join the team. Victor Black, the PTBNL from the Marlon Byrd and John Buck deal, is joining the bullpen. In 46.2 innings pitched in Triple-A this season, Black owns a 2.51 ERA, .169 opponent batting average, and has allowed 21 walks while striking out 62 batters.
- An injury last night to Ike Davis has ended his season, so the Mets will be calling up Zach Lutz to provide depth. In 399 at-bats for Las Vegas, he hit .293/.377/.479 with 13 home runs and 80 RBIs. He’ll be a bench player, as it’s Lucas Duda‘s turn to audition full-time at first base.
- Reliever Tim Byrdak will also be heading back to the big leagues, completing his comeback from surgery last year. He didn’t allow a run in 11 appearances for the 51s (8 IP), walking five and striking out 10.
- To supplement some of the subtractions made to the Vegas roster right before the playoffs start, the Mets have optioned Robert Carson back to Triple-A, while also signing ex-Yankee Cory Wade to a minor league deal, and assigning him Las Vegas.
Alright, that’s all I got right now. If there is anything else that happens, I’ll be sure to update the post.