Mets vs Twins: Gee Takes The Hill, Brown Will DH, Satin’s 28-Game On-Base Streak
Mets at Twins • 2:10 PM • Target Field
RHP Dillon Gee (8-8, 3.79) vs Kyle Gibson (2-3, 6.27)
- Eric Young, Jr. – LF
- Daniel Murphy – 2B
- Marlon Byrd – RF
- Ike Davis – 1B
- Andrew Brown – DH
- Wilmer Flores – 3B
- Travis d’Arnaud – C
- Juan Lagares – CF
- Omar Quintanilla – SS
- Wilmer Flores started consecutive games Saturday and Sunday after twisting his right ankle last week in Los Angeles. He went a combined 1-for-7 in the starts at San Diego. Flores is not yet 100 percent, but he is healthy enough to play.
- Dillon Gee will start Monday’s makeup game at Minnesota, where the two teams were snowed out in April. Gee has never faced the Twins. He received a no-decision in New York’s 5-4 setback in 12 innings to the Dodgers in his last start on Aug. 14. In his past six starts, Gee is 2-1 with a 1.74 ERA.
- Jenrry Mejia might be done for the season. Mejia, who left Saturday’s contest against the Padres after experiencing discomfort in his right elbow, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday. “I can’t say I know for sure, but it certainly doesn’t look very good,” manager Terry Collins said when asked if Mejia’s season were over. Mets officials said there had been plans to perform surgery for bone spurs in his elbow during the offseason, but that timeframe may be sped up.
- Greg Burke was called up from Triple-A Las Vegas to fill the roster vacancy created when RHP Jenrry Mejia went on the disabled list. Burke, 30, went 0-2 with a 4.66 ERA in 28 appearances for the Mets earlier this season.
- Matt Harvey allowed two runs on six hits with six strikeouts in six innings but didn’t figure in the decision Sunday during the Mets’ 4-3 loss to the Padres. Harvey didn’t walk a batter. Harvey, who one-hit the Padres in an April win, threw 86 pitches (55 strikes) before Andrew Brown pinch-hit for him in the seventh inning. He has thrown at least six innings in 12 of his past 13 starts.
- Josh Satin reached base for the 28th consecutive time in a game he’s started when he singled in the fourth inning. Satin, who went 1-for-4, has a .415 on-base percentage.
- Pedro Feliciano gave up a leadoff home run in the ninth to Will Venable, allowing the Padres to score a 4-3 victory over the Mets on Sunday. Feliciano allowed a run on one hit with a walk and a strikeout in two-thirds of an inning. He hadn’t allowed a homer in his previous six outings (3 1/3 innings) since returning from left shoulder surgery in early August.
The Mets finally finish a long, long road trip on the West Coast with a make up game in Minnesota today. Ok, so Minnesota isn’t on the West Coast, but it’s in a different time zone so whatever. Anyway, in case you forgot, at the start of the season the Mets rolled into snowy Minnesota and Colorado thus causing the hectic schedule they are experiencing now. In other news, d’Arnaud, who has walked 4 times since being called up and looks like he is staying until the end of the year is still in search of his first major league hit. He will try to get against Kyle Gibson tonight as the Mets counter with Dillon Gee.
Dillon Gee is 8-8 over 24 games and a 3.79 ERA over 145.0 innings and 105 strikeouts. In the month of August he has made three starts with a 1.74 ERA over 20.2 innings with 11 strikeouts. He missed Minnesota earlier this season and since the Twins are in the American League, it is understandable that Gee has never faced the Twins before and never has faced anyone on the Twins roster.
Kyle Gibson is 2-3 this season over 9 starts and 47.1 innings of work with an ERA of 6.27. This season he has walked 18 batters and struck out 27. In the month of August he has made three starts, pitched 14.0 innings and has posted an ERA of 6.43. Gibson is a rookie this season and missed the Mets earlier this year, thus he has never faced them nor has he faced anyone on the Mets in a major league game.
Lets Go Mets!
About the Author: Elliot Teichman
43 Comments + Add Comment
- Fromsalmontodoughnuts: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: This was a great signing it adds...
- John: on It Would Be A Mistake If Lagares Is The Odd Man Out: EY is a borderline aaaa player. Can't...
- Al: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: Is this place Comedy Central or a...
- Rob: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: Like their pitching depth but there offense...
- burnindaylight: on It Would Be A Mistake If Lagares Is The Odd Man Out: I'd hate to see Lagares not being...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!