Mets at Dodgers • 10:10 PM • Dodger Stadium
Dillon Gee (8-8, 3.82) vs Chris Capuano (4-6, 4.50)
- Juan Lagares CF
- Daniel Murphy 2B
- Josh Satin 3B
- Marlon Byrd RF
- Justin Turner SS
- Ike Davis 1B
- Andrew Brown LF
- John Buck C
- Dillon Gee RHP
- Matt Harvey is enjoying a spectacular season, but as he showed Tuesday, even he is susceptible to a bad night. Lacking command of his off-speed pitches, Harvey was tagged for four runs on eight hits over six innings against the Dodgers, his ERA rising from 2.09 to 2.23.
- Wilmer Flores, who tweaked his right ankle in the series opener Monday rounding second base, was held out of the lineup Tuesday after the ankle worsened. Flores could be a candidate for the disabled list if the condition doesn’t improve. Flores is hitting .259 with a home run and nine RBIs over his first seven major league games.
- Dillon Gee takes an 8-8 record and 3.82 ERA into his start Wednesday against the Dodgers. Gee was stellar in his last outing, giving up just one run on eight hits over 7 2/3 innings in a 2-1 win over the Rockies. Gee is 2-1 with a 1.43 ERA over his last five starts. In three career starts vs. the Dodgers, Gee is 0-2 with a 4.76 ERA.
- Juan Lagares hit his second homer in his past four games (third in 78 games this season) to give the Mets ahead 1-0 in the first inning against the Dodgers on Tuesday. Lagares is batting .313 (30-for-96) with six doubles, three triples, three homers and 14 RBIs in 26 games since the All-Star break.
- LaTroy Hawkins has a 0.75 ERA since the All-Star break, fifth best in the National League with a minimum on 10 innings pitched. He’s given up one earned run in 12 innings. Hawkins has issued just nine walks on the season.
- Jeremy Hefner is scheduled for a follow-up examination Wednesday on his sore right elbow, which has caused him discomfort since spring training. Hefner, who was optioned to the minors on Sunday, may land on the disabled list.
The Mets have dropped their last two at Dodgers Stadium and they look to correct that tonight as Dillon Gee goes up against a former Met in Chris Capuano. Dillon Gee is 8-8 this season with a 3.82 ERA over 139.0 innings while striking out 101 batters. In his last two starts he has pitched 14.2 innings allowing only 2 ER (one in each start) and two walks while striking out 7 batters. He missed the Dodgers earlier this year but last year he allowed 4 runs, 2 earned over 6 innings of work. The Dodgers have the following numbers against him:
Uribe 1-7, 2B
AJ Ellis 1-3, 2B
The Mets get a look at their strong starter back in the 2011 season tonight. Chris is 4-6 over 80.0 innings with a 4.50 ERA. His two August starts have been very different. He was fantastic in his first start shutting out his opponent in 6.1 innings of work. Last time out he allowed 5 ER over 4.1 innings. He missed the Mets earlier this season but last year over two starts he allowed 6 ER over 14.0 innings. The Mets have the following numbers against Capuano:
Byrd 4-12, 2B
Brown 2-3, 2B
Lets Go Mets!