Based on what Terry Collins told reporters today, here is how the rotation will play out for the next six days:
- Saturday – Dillon Gee vs Nationals
- Sunday – Carlos Torres vs Nationals
- Monday – Jeremy Hefner vs Marlins
- Tuesday – Zack Wheeler vs Marlins
- Wednesday – Jenrry Mejia vs Marlins
- Thursday - Matt Harvey vs Marlins
This is not set in stone and Collins said things could change depending on pitcher’s individual performances and whether the Mets continue to play well and gain ground in the standings.
In my opinion, unless Hefner and Mejia falter, which I do not expect, Torres will go to the bullpen.
Collins also says that he will pitch Harvey more if it comes to that which is just Terry talking out of his butt again. Harvey will not surpass 210 innings this season and you can bank on that.