The Andrew Brown Show Continues, Juan Centeno Has Big Night In Las Vegas Win
Las Vegas 14, Reno 8
Carlos Torres got the start tonight and wasn’t very sharp. Torres had traffic on the base paths all night long, allowing a total of 12 base runners. The 30-year-old gave up a hit and a walk to start the game, but was saved by a pickoff at first base. In the second, he loaded the bases to start the inning, but limited the damage and gave up just two runs. He pitched scoreless frames in innings three through five, but faltered in the sixth, and after giving up a solo home run, was removed from the game.
Justin Hampson relieved Torres and closed out the sixth inning without any further damage. Sean Henn started the seventh and loaded the bases with nobody out, eventually allowing four runs to score. Gonzalez Germen pitched a spotless eighth, and Greg Burke closed out the ninth, but gave up an RBI ground out after a lead off triple.
The Andrew Brown show continued on Wednesday night with three more hits. The 28-year-old outfielder cranked his second home run of the year, drove in three more runs, and raised his team leading batting average to .367. Juan Centeno, who was promoted when Travis d’Arnaud was injured, finally broke out. The backstop recorded four hits, including a double and a run scored. Josh Satin got back on track, reaching base three times with two hits and a walk, and Wilmer Flores added two RBI. Eric Campbell hit his second homer of the year, and drove in four RBI on the night.
Game Note: The Vegas offense once again tallied over 10 runs, which marked the eighth time they have done that already this season.
- Wilmer Flores: 1-for-4, 2 RBI, BB, R
- Josh Satin: 2-for-5, 2 R, BB
- Andrew Brown: 3-for-5, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, 2B
- Juan Centeno: 4-for-5, 2 2B, R
- Omar Quintanilla:: 3-for-6, R, RBI, 2B
- Eric Campbell: 2-for-5, HR, 4 RBI, R, BB
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-for-4, R, RBI,
- Carlos Torres: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 5 BB, 3 K, W
About the Author: Dan Valis
I am a staff writer for Mets Merized Online. I am a Mets team analyst with a focus on the minor league system, as well as the major league club. I am a lifelong New Yorker who was born and raised to be a Mets fan. The ups and downs of being a Mets fan is what makes following this team so much fun, but at times so frustrating. You can follow me on Twitter @BgAppleMetsTalk.
5 Comments + Add Comment
- Fonzie13: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: Jakal! Wright has actually beaten Mariano three...
- Jeru: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: The Cardinals made it to the WS...
- Tommy Med: on Mets Extend A Three-Year Offer To Granderson: What two to three pieces??? Sandy isn't...
- El Sid: on Juan Lagares Heading To New York (Knee): Hopefully Juan is okay. Scary. Also, at...
- mikeyknows: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: I feel bad the Wilpons lost their...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!