Mets Minors Report 5/25: Tapia Gets Lit Up, Puello Stays Hot, Bowman And Verrett Go Today
Last Night’s Quick Scores
- Las Vegas beat Salt Lake, 6-5.
- Binghamton lost to Portland, 10-9.
- Savannah slammed Augusta, 6-5.
- St. Lucie defeated Dunedin, 8-5.
- Domingo Tapia could not even make it out of the first inning yesterday and struggled mightily in his return from the DL. His velocity was still there in bounds, touching 96 MPH with ease frequently in the first, but he was unable to find his command. Perhaps he left it on the DL and forgot to bring it back with him. Tapia walked four batters and looked very uncomfortable on the mound. For those of you who were worried, he hit the DL with a burn to his non pitching hand, so this was likely not injury related.
- Cesar Puello homered again last night, number seven on the year, and continues to absolutely tear it up this year. I’m beginning to think we might want to promote him to AAA really soon. He has a bad eye at the plate, so the people going crazy about his stats this year need to step back from hoping he’s going to be called up to the MLB team. If he was called up right this second, he would be overmatched.
- After Kevin Plawecki seemed to fall into a mini slump, he hit his twentieth double last night, while slamming a home run and driving in four runs in last night’s game. It looks like he’s trying to get promoted…again. Jayce Boyd also had two hits, and could also be promoted by midseason. A slump for Plawecki was not banging out two hits a game, mind you, as he has reached base in 34 straight games.
- Although Aderlin Rodriguez may never hit for average, the power is admirable, and he’s making conscious efforts to try and improve his plate discipline. He banged out three hits in last night’s game.
- Matthew Bowman and Logan Verrett are two Mets prospects who both have found their stock rising tremendously this year – and both are on the mound later today.
- Infielder-turned-pitcher Jake Kuebler will be making a start for Savannah later. He was previously working out of the bullpen. Also, since I call him out all the time, kudos to Carlos Torres for an exceptional start in Las Vegas last night.
Stat Line of the Day
Kevin Plawecki: 2-for-3, 1 HR, 1 BB, 4 RBI, 1 R
Domingo Tapia was activated from 7-day DL in St. Lucie.
Albert Cordero was activated from 7-day DL in St. Lucie.
Wanel Vasquez (Mesa) was demoted from St. Lucie to Brooklyn.
Edward Rohan was demoted from St. Lucie to Brooklyn.
About the Author: Satish Ram
I am a Senior Writer and Editor here at MetsMerized - where I specialize in Minor League coverage. I have been on the staff since 2007 and I am currently in my third semester of college in New York City. You can find me at www.facebook.com/SatishRam or @SilverHeatMMO. Feel free to message me - I love talking about the Mets or baseball overall with anybody.
2 Comments + Add Comment
- lifelongmetsfan: on Torre, LaRussa, Cox Elected To Hall Of Fame: Torre is of course going in as...
- TJ: on The Mets Should Look To Tighten Up Defense At Shortstop: Mitch, Agree 100% that Mets need to go...
- Spanky: on Torre, LaRussa, Cox Elected To Hall Of Fame: Two of the biggest steroid enablers in...
- neekerbreeker: on The Mets Should Look To Tighten Up Defense At Shortstop: Light hitting is one thing but Barnes...
- TRS86: on Roy Halladay Announces Retirement: Sad story. Had to think it...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!