Last Night’s Quick Scores
- Las Vegas dropped to Omaha 4-3.
- Binghamton dropped Portland, 8-5.
- St. Lucie lost to Bradenton, 8-1.
- Savannah topped Augusta, 12-10.
- If you haven’t heard the news, Rafael Montero was brought up to Triple-A, and will be making a spot start with Las Vegas this week. With Zack Wheeler on the seven day DL, and Collin McHugh joining the Mets in Queens, they were short on arms. This is said to be a spot start, but we’ll see. Everyone will be watching to see how Montero does.
- Cesar Puello continues to hammer the ball. After three more hits in last night’s game, he has brought his season average up to .305. He also ranks second on Binghamton, with nine stolen bases this season (Alonzo Harris, 13).
- Jack Leathersich only had one strikeout last night in one inning (sarcasm). He now has 34 strikeouts on the year, which is more than a couple of starters, and only one less than Logan Verrett on the year. He has accumulated those 34 strikeouts in 18.2 innings pitched…ridiculous.
- Joe Bonfe was ripping last night. He went 4-for-4 at the plate and brought his season average up to .320.
- Playing in only his third game this season, Savannah catcher Nelfi Zapata homered and drove in five runs…wow.
- Andrew Brown, who appeared to be heading back to Flushing to play first base, had to leave yesterday’s game with an apparent oblique injury.
- Wilmer Flores homered last night for Las Vegas, and now has hit three out of his four home runs over the past ten games. Looks like the young infileder is starting to heat up a little bit.
Stat Lines of the Day
Cesar Puello: 3-for-5, 2 R, 1 SB
Joe Bonfe: 4-for-4, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 SB
Nelfi Zapata: 2-for-3, 1 HR, 2 BB, 5 RBI, 2 R
Jeff Reynolds: 4-for-4, 1 2B, 1 BB, 2 RBI, 1 R
Rafael Montero to Las Vegas.
Tweet of the Day
First rehab appearance of the season today! Been a long road. So glad to finally be back in a game today and get the season underway