X-Rays Negative On Justin Turner, Sprained Ankle Will Keep Him Out 2-3 Days
The Mets announced that X-rays taken of Justin Turner’s ankle came back negative which means no fractures or breaks.
Turner has a sprained right ankle, but seems in good spirits and could be back quicker than what was initially feared. He could end up missing 2-3 days barring any setbacks.
If Wright isn’t ready by Opening Day, and Terry Collins doesn’t see that happening, Turner will get the majority of playing time and not Zach Lutz.
“This kid can play at the major-league level and he can save you a lot,” Collins said of Turner. “He knows how to handle the bat, he knows how to play.”
Are we watching the same Justin Turner he is?
I mean I love Turner, but he’s an average bench guy at best and would be a woeful choice to play everyday in Wright’s absence.
Original Post 3/16
The team announced that Justin Turner has suffered a sprained ankle. No word if it was a high ankle strain which is a much more severe injury and could sideline Turner for up to 4-6 weeks or longer.
He is on his way to the hospital for x-rays and further examination.
He was injured when he rolled his ankle while fielding a ball in play and turning awkwardly while throwing the ball to first to get the out. It would have been a great play. The injury itself looked particularly gruesome in slow-motion replay.
SIDE NOTE: We just learned from Kevin Burkhardt that David Wright received a cortisone injection yesterday while being examined in New York – a fact that was omitted during yesterday’s injury update from Sandy Alderson. Again, standard operating procedure from the Mets…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
29 Comments + Add Comment
- Jeru: on Alderson Reiterates That Tejada May Start At Shortstop Next Season: LMAO so anyone who is good, we should...
- Swede: on MMO Fan Shot: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: Ive been hoping for Kemp since day...
- Jeru: on Alderson Reiterates That Tejada May Start At Shortstop Next Season: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/80003/tejada-duda-to-return-to-fitness-camp?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter well guess who is sent to fitness...
- Jeru: on Alderson Reiterates That Tejada May Start At Shortstop Next Season: too weak? he was hitting .322 as late...
- Jeru: on MMO Fan Shot: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: We had a LF, a gold glove...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!