Here is a list of Top 150 Prospects for 2013 by Minor League Ball’s John Sickels.
Sickels explains that the rankings presents a balance between long-term upside and present ability, and that he tends to favor players who are closer to the majors than those who are far away.
“My background is sabermetric, but my approach is to blend sabermetrics and traditional scouting,” he writes. “I may lean one way or another on a particular player. There is also some room for instincts and gut feelings.”
The lower in the list you go, the more fluid it becomes, and the ETAs are a best-guess on when a player should first see significant major league action as opposed to just a brief cup-of-coffee.
1. Jurickson Profar, SS, Texas Rangers, ETA 2013
2. Oscar Taveras , OF, St. Louis Cardinals, ETA 2013
3. Dylan Bundy, RHP, Baltimore Orioles, 2013
4. Xander Bogaerts , SS, Boston Red Sox, 2014
5. Gerrit Cole, RHP, Pittsburgh Pirates, 2013
6. Shelby Miller, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals, 2013
7. Wil Myers, OF, Tampa Bay Rays, 2013
8. Jose Fernandez, RHP, Miami Marlins, 2014
9. Mike Zunino, C, Seattle Mariners, 2014
10. Miguel Sano, 3B, Minnesota Twins, 2015
11. Trevor Bauer, RHP, Cleveland Indians, 2013
12. Christian Yelich, OF, Miami Marlins, 2014
13. Travis D’Arnaud, C, New York Mets, 2013
14. Billy Hamilton, OF, Cincinnati Reds, 2014
15. Zack Wheeler, RHP, New York Mets, 2013
Read the complete list here.