He’s Keith Hernandez
There are few television analysts as knowledgeable and entertaining as Keith Hernandez, who, if you asked him the time would tell you how to build a watch.
Not only does he know baseball, but on Saturday showed he could work on Animal Planet, The Weather Channel and do QVC, which ironically has its corporate headquarters across the street from Tradition Field.
When the Mets are in Washington, always expect a history lesson.
After the starting pitcher leaves the game during spring training, writers wander in and out of the press room and clubhouse, where the televisions are always on.
Today, Hernandez was in mid-season form, talking about the spinner sharks gathering off the beaches on the Atlantic post; how to survive a tornado; and hawked Icky Poo, a product designed to eliminate pet odors.
When somebody in the press room asked: “What is Icky Poo?”
As if on cue, one writer said: `He’s coming into pitch.”
About the Author: John Delcos
I am an active member of the BBWAA and have covered Major League Baseball in several capacities for over 20 years, including ten in New York working the Mets' and Yankees' beat. I covered the Baltimore Orioles for eight years and the Cleveland Indians before that.
7 Comments + Add Comment
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: LMAO@THIS I accidentally left my recorder on Doug...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: To think a PILLOW could do this...
- JimmyBX: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: As someone who has herniated both his...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Bobby Parnell To Be Re-Examined Next Week: If only Hawkins were younger like Bartolo...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Rule 5 Draft: Mets Select RHP Seth Rosin, Trade Him To Dodgers For PTBNL: HA! I think we just disagree on MOST...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!