MMO Commenting Policy
I just had to delete 67 comments from readers and writer alike. Still more to chop, but seriously what gives? Why must some of you engage in a wicked game of “johnny on the pony” and only add to the situation we are trying to rectify?
What’s with this new thing of everyone calling each other out because they have an “agenda”?
Everyone accusing the other of having an agenda? That’s rich… It’s also juvenile and ignorant…
If you use the word than you probably are the one with the agenda, because it takes one to know one.
If you group people you will have your comments deleted and you will go into moderation…
Chill the hell out…
Original Post 1/14
Every now and then I find it necessary to delete a comment because it fails to add anything to the debate and is simply an immature or irrational comment whose purpose was mostly to insult an author or reader on this site.
In the past week I’ve had to ban six users from the site. I don’t enjoy banning readers from commenting on the site, but with the huge influx of new readers it’s my responsibility to ensure they have an enjoyable experience. I also owe it to our longtime readers to try and keep the site as clean as possible.
My goal is to raise the level of discourse in the comments, eliminating inappropriate language and insults, and strictly enforcing our commenting policy.
Here’s how it works:
1. You can leave comments and join or start a debate on anything we post on this site. Feel free to agree or disagree with the topic without insulting anyone. As long as you abide by that, you will have no problems and your comments will not be moderated.
2. Any comment that insults another reader or author, will have their comment permanently deleted. Comments are for discussing the topics at hand, and are not a sounding board to vent your dislike of another individual on this site.
3. Once we are forced to delete a comment for violating our comment guidelines as listed below, all future comments by that individual will go into moderation. That means all of your comments will be moderated and only those comments that meet our guidelines will be approved. It could take up to two hours for it to post depending on when an editor gets to it.
4. If your comment is deleted and you go into the moderation process, you will remain in moderation for a minimum of thirty (30) days. If during that period your comments had no further problems, you will immediately become approved to comment freely again. However, if it happens a second time, you will simply be banned.
Because I allow unregistered commenting on this site, I have no other choice than to ask everyone to kindly adhere to these simple rules of common sense and decency when commenting on this site.
- I believe in free speech, so you are free to debate and post an opposing point of view in any manner you see fit as long as you do it without attacking or insulting another reader, commenter or writer along the way. I will remove any comment that crosses this line.
- I don’t require that you stay on topic. You can talk about whatever you want, as long as what you have to say has some interest to the readers of this site. What I won’t tolerate is personal attacks or comments intended only to antagonize.
- If you’re a fan of another team and don’t like the Mets, you are free to post and join the debate. However, if your idea of a debate is “Mets suck”, your comment will be deleted and you will be banned from this site. Go vent somewhere else. This is a website for discussing all MLB topics and issues.
- Keep your language clean. I don’t swear here, and I’d appreciate if you didn’t either. I’d like for parents to feel comfortable having their kids read this site. I’m no angel, so if I can express myself without profanity, you can, too.
- Please be respectful. We have fun here disagreeing with each other, but we do it with respect. Hate speech against and individuals or groups will never be tolerated.
By posting a comment to this site, you are agreeing to abide by these rules.
If you see any comments that you find offensive, please contact us immediately at GetMetsmerized@aol.com and we will take care of it. Include a link to the post and the name of the reader who left the comment. This process is completely anonymous.
A link to these Comment Guidelines is always located at the bottom of our site.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
39 Comments + Add Comment
- DrDooby: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Prior to the start of the off-season,...
- Hatt Marvey: on With Hart and LoMo Off The Boards, Plot Thickens For First Base Market: FINALLY someone else has said what Ive...
- Dave In Spain: on With Hart and LoMo Off The Boards, Plot Thickens For First Base Market: If they can move Davis, would it...
- DrDooby: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: Gregg reminds me a lot of Brandon...
- DrDooby: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: None of these players would be valuable...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!