Ike Davis Agrees To One Year, $3.1 Million Contract
The Mets and Ike Davis have agreed to a one-year, $3.125 million contract, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
Okay Murph, you’re next…
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, Ike Davis and Daniel Murphy have filed for arbitration.
Davis is seeking $3.7 million, and the Mets have countered with a $2.825 million offer.
Murphy is seeking $3.4 million, and the Mets have countered with a $2.55 million offer.
Both Davis and Murphy made the league minimum last year.
Yesterday, the Mets and Bobby Parnell avoided arbitration and agreed to a one-year, $1.7 million contract for 2013.
In 74 games for the Mets in 2012, Parnell, 28, went 5-4 with a 2.49 ERA, allowing 19 earned runs and 20 walks with 61 strikeouts in 68 2/3 innings.
Original Post 1/16
Mets first baseman Ike Davis, second baseman Daniel Murphy and reliever Bobby Parnell have all officially filed for arbitration.
The two sides now have a few weeks to try and reach a settlement before they go to an arbitration hearing in February to determine their 2013 salary. An independent arbitrator will review the evidence presented by each side and then choose one of the salary figures each side presents.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, the last time a player and the Mets went to arbitration was in 2008 when Scott Boras won on behalf of Oliver Perez and the southpaw earned $6.5 million. Perez’s hearing had snapped a streak of 16 straight seasons in which the Mets settled with all of their arbitration-eligible players.
MLB Trade Rumors reviewed the Mets arbitration eligible players in October and projected the following:
- Daniel Murphy – $3MM
- Bobby Parnell – $1.5MM
- Ike Davis – $2.8MM
Ike Davis became arbitration eligible one year earlier than usual because he earned Super Two player status.
Davis and Murphy will get the most significant raises and using the above projections it will cost the Mets $7.3 million dollars in total.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
21 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Tommy2cat: on Minors Wrap-Up: Brown/Rodriguez Fill Up Stat Sheet, Cuan Dominant: Nice to see Andrew Brown didn't go...
- METS62FAN: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: MARK, AFTER 50+ YRS AS A MET...
- gary s: on Mets Appealing Harvey Earned Run, Want Tejada Charged With Error: The tragic is back.Everything about this team...
- Judge Holden: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Also, based on some of his comments,...
- Judge Holden: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Great point. As far as I'm concerned,...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!