Hairston Deal Not Imminent
A baseball official said free-agent Scott Hairston does not appear to be imminently signing anywhere, according to a report by Adam Rubin.
And while speculation is that teams, including the Yankees and Mets, would like to hold the line on a contract for Hairston at one year, there is a belief the Mets could go to two years in order to re-sign the outfielder.
Hairston seeks a multi-year deal. Either way, he clearly will get a raise from the $1.1 million base salary he earned in 2012 while slugging 20 homers in 377 at-bats — and hitting .286 with 11 homers in 189 at-bats against southpaws.
Although I prefer a one-year deal myself, I still believe the Mets will sign him and that it likely will be a two-year deal. I wonder if he’d take a one with an option?
About the Author: Rob Johnson
20 Comments + Add Comment
- cheap christian louboutin uk impact for your age group - abraham0225's Blog - Blogster: on Mets Minors Report 5/22: Alderson Says Wheeler Could Get Promoted After 2-3 Good Starts: Mets Minors Report 5/22: Alderson Says Wheeler...
- allen wan: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: I don't understand why people care whether...
- DrDooby: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Harvey has improved by leaps & bounds...
- Hotstreak: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: oops Here is the link. http://rainierscurto.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/baseball-for-breakfast/
- Hotstreak: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Hi Joey D. This is 2007-2009 data PCL...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!