Duda Starts Hitting Off A Tee, Feels Great
Updated by Joe D. on 1/20
Projected left fielder Lucas Duda, who underwent November 5th surgery to repair a fractured right wrist, has started hitting off a tee in his native California.
“It’s going well, feels great,” Duda told ESPN New York on Sunday.
Duda expects no difficulties with the wrist during spring training.
Well here’s some good news…
Original Post 1/18
According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, Lucas Duda’s surgically repair wrist is healthy, and he will head to Port St. Lucie next week to join Dave Hudgens for early workouts, a
Duda is a work in progress and with no improvements expected in the outfield, the Mets are making him one of the top projects in Spring Training with Hudgens expected to work extensively with Duda as they look to improve his approach at the plate.
Thoughts from John Delcos
The Mets became enamored with Duda’s power potential when he hit 10 homers in 100 games in 2011. But things soured for Duda last year to the point where he was sent to the minor leagues to work on his mechanics and approach at the plate, and he wasn’t happy about it.
Duda played in only 121 games, with 105 in right field where he committed four errors and showed limited range. Offensively, he hit 15 homers with 57 RBI, both well below what the Mets were hoping for. Perhaps Duda’s most significant offensive stat was his 120-51 strikeouts-to-walks ratio. That’s an awful lot of nothing.
At 27 years old, Duda is no longer a prospect. 2013 will be a make or break season for Duda who will replace Jason Bay will be the everyday left fielder for the Mets.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
12 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/16/2013
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets vs Braves: Duda At First, Lagares Leads Off, Turner May Go On DL, Civilization’s Over: UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE! I HAD A BAD FEELING!!! ABOUT...
- Hank: on Mets vs Braves: Duda At First, Lagares Leads Off, Turner May Go On DL, Civilization’s Over: Solid first night for Duda in his...
- gorgeguy: on Mets vs Braves: Duda At First, Lagares Leads Off, Turner May Go On DL, Civilization’s Over: He looks like he did when he...
- gorgeguy: on Mets vs Braves: Duda At First, Lagares Leads Off, Turner May Go On DL, Civilization’s Over: Speaking of "not a good hitter", Capt....
- gorgeguy: on Mets vs Braves: Duda At First, Lagares Leads Off, Turner May Go On DL, Civilization’s Over: Lagares is not a good hitter, let...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!