Wright Expected At Winter Meetings For Press Conference
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports that David Wright is expected to make an appearance at the winter meetings for a press conference to formally announce his contract extension with the Mets, according to a major league source. Mets COO Jeff Wilpon is also expected to be on hand for the announcement.
Wright is due to undergo his physical on Monday and then I assume he’ll hop on a plane to Nashville for some pomp and circumstance.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
3 Comments + Add Comment
- Jeru: on Mets Could Still Target An Outfielder Despite Chris Young: Ok T Agee so why did the Santana...
- Djmurphy: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: The amount of money it would take...
- jason bay: on Mets Could Still Target An Outfielder Despite Chris Young: Not really Joey, Had it not been for...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Hart "IF" Healthy What are the chances a...
- newyorker4ever: on Mets Met With Agent For Bartolo Colon: There was a report the other day...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!