- The San Diego Padres were closing in Monday on a one-year contract with free-agent starter Jason Marquis, according to a baseball official with knowledge of the negotiations, writes ESPN’s Jayson Stark..
- According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, Jason Isringhausen has decided he wants to come back and pitch again. 3 teams already interested. Izzy, now 40, made 50 appearances last season for the Angels and posted a 4.13 ERA and a 1.380 WHIP in 45.2 innings.
- The Detroit Tigers are interested in signing outfielder Scott Hairston as a platoon player, according to FOX Sports.
- The NY Post reports that the Nationals are very interested in RHP Zack Greinke, but could look to trade Danny Espinosa or Michael Morse to the Rays for James Shields if they lose out on Greinke. ESPN’s Buster Olney says that Nats GM Mike Rizzo is aiming high in his talks with the Rays about their pitchers. Greinke is the top starting pitcher on the free-agent market and is expected to sign a nine-figure contract.
- James Shields is the hot topic for teams looking to trade for a quality starter and the Rays will trade him in return for an MLB ready or near ready outfielder, preferably with power, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
- Jon Morosi of FOX Sports reports that outfielder Delmon Young may wait until January to sign. He’s recovering well after ankle surgery and wants to demonstrate health for teams in workouts.
- Former Nationals starter John Lannan is beginning to draw interest from no less than five teams according to Yahoo Sports. The Twins are expected to kick the tires on the lefthander writes Phil Mackey of ESPN.
- The Giants are still interested in Shane Victorino as a fallback option in the event that they are unable to re-sign Angel Pagan, reports John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Share the post "Winter Meetings Update: Tigers In On Hairston, Izzy Wants To Return, Nats Targeting Grienke"