Mets Looked Into Parra, Reynolds, And Lannan
Here are a few tweets you might have missed in the wild ride that the second day of the Winter Meetings…
- According to Joel Sherman, the Mets looked into John Lannan – apparently as insurance to fill out their rotation if they trade RA Dickey. Lannan was recently non-tendered by the Nationals, where he has spent his entire MLB career to this point. He has gone 42-52 with a 4.01 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 410 strikeouts in 783 2/3 innings over 134 starts.
- Sherman also tweeted that the Mets were looking for a veteran left handed arm, and inquired about the recently non-tendered Manny Parra. Parra, age 30, is coming off a campaign where he posted an ERA of 5.06 over 58.2 IP with a 61/35 K/BB ratio over that span.
- Finally, Ken Davidoff tweeted that the Mets were interested in signing Mark Reynolds and putting him in the outfield. However, his price tag, which looks to be around $7 MM, is a little expensive for their tastes. For the record, Reynolds has logged 23 games in the outfield in the minor leagues, and only three innings as a major league outfielder.
About the Author: Satish Ram
I am a Senior Writer and Editor here at MetsMerized - where I specialize in Minor League coverage. I have been on the staff since 2007 and I am currently in my third semester of college in New York City. You can find me at www.facebook.com/SatishRam or @SilverHeatMMO. Feel free to message me - I love talking about the Mets or baseball overall with anybody.
25 Comments + Add Comment
- Peter S.: on MMO Mailbag: What If Mets Find Cash In Stocking?: Murphy is at peak value and we...
- elcorazon86: on The Beat Goes On: Signs That The Mets Are Back In Business: Alderson and this front office like to...
- the mad met: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: I really like the greg idea. Even...
- Super T: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: hypocritical?
- Tommy Med: on The Beat Goes On: Signs That The Mets Are Back In Business: To the top of the comments ^...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!