Dan Haren Signs With Nationals
The Nationals have agreed to a one yearl, $13 million dollar deal with free agent RHP Dan Haren according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, pending a physical.
The Los Angeles Angels opted to let Dan Haren become a free agent after declining his 2013 $15.5 million dollar team option during last Friday’s deadline.
Haren, 32, dealt with lower back stiffness last season and also showed a marked decline in velocity. He produced a 4.33 ERA and a 12-13 record in 30 starts for the Angels.
But as one scout told Rosenthal, “You know any 32-year-olds with (nearly) 2,000 innings pitched who have good medicals?”
About the Author: Rob Johnson
36 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Hitman: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Why would you say that?
- Joey D.: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: Hi Matt. "Come the offseason all the financial...
- Joey D.: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: Hi El Sid, One should also compare the...
- B-Met Fan: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Comparing Wheeler and Montero is pointless. ...
- Stan: on Is Keith Hernandez Slipping?: Wasn't it interesting that when Jason Collins,...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!