Dan Haren Signs With Nationals
The Nationals have agreed to a one yearl, $13 million dollar deal with free agent RHP Dan Haren according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, pending a physical.
The Los Angeles Angels opted to let Dan Haren become a free agent after declining his 2013 $15.5 million dollar team option during last Friday’s deadline.
Haren, 32, dealt with lower back stiffness last season and also showed a marked decline in velocity. He produced a 4.33 ERA and a 12-13 record in 30 starts for the Angels.
But as one scout told Rosenthal, “You know any 32-year-olds with (nearly) 2,000 innings pitched who have good medicals?”
About the Author: Rob Johnson
36 Comments + Add Comment
- Joey D.: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Hi my mate TL and howdy TexasGusCC...
- PissedOffMetsFanFromBx: on Despite Stark Differences Between Yankees and Mets, Alderson Needs To Save Face: Go get CANO, he believe it or...
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Was bonds a statue when he set...
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Does Barry bonds look to walk? Why...
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Who told you that the mets philosophy...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!