Acosta-lypse Now Playing For Japan
According to his agent Gene Mato, former Mets reliever Manny Acosta has signed a one-year, $1.65 million contract with the Yomiuri Giants in Japan. The deal includes $500K in performance bonuses.
The righthander was non-tendered by the Mets following a season that saw him post a 6.46 ERA and a 1.54 WHIP over 45 relief appearances.
Acosta, 31, pitched parts of three seasons with the Mets totaling a 4.37 ERA in 131 appearances all in relief.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
14 Comments + Add Comment
- Major Mofongo: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: LMAO WTF are u talking about??? Carlos Correa was...
- Major Mofongo: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: who cares WHY they moved... the point is... the...
- Michelle: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Duda with the bloop rbi hit. Better...
- Neutered Showalter: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Yeah, Collins is soft. The players walk...
- Joey D.: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Hi Taskmaster, The real point is if Wheeler...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!