Trading Dickey Is Only The “Backup Plan”
Afterward, Jeff Wilpon spoke with reporters and said that the team’s top priority remains retaining both David Wright and R.A. Dickey.
Wilpon says negotiations are “on-going” with both players.
He also added that the team is exploring other options for Dickey, that trading him is only a backup plan and not their first priority.
Dickey, who could in his first Cy Young tomorrow, went 20-6 with a 2.73 ERA in 2012.
This just keeps getting interesting by the day. Although backup plans are generally a good thing.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
10 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/20/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Alex68: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Goshdarn it Marcum!!!!! How are we gonna...
- Metstheory22: on Mets vs Braves Live Chat: Eric Young Jr. Makes His Mets Debut: Lagares and Neuwenheis finally look like they...
- DrDooby: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: I´d keep both Murphy & Flores around...
- DrDooby: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: It seems pretty obvious at this point...
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: This guy is a hitting machine. When...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!