Trading Dickey Is Only The “Backup Plan”
Afterward, Jeff Wilpon spoke with reporters and said that the team’s top priority remains retaining both David Wright and R.A. Dickey.
Wilpon says negotiations are “on-going” with both players.
He also added that the team is exploring other options for Dickey, that trading him is only a backup plan and not their first priority.
Dickey, who could in his first Cy Young tomorrow, went 20-6 with a 2.73 ERA in 2012.
This just keeps getting interesting by the day. Although backup plans are generally a good thing.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
10 Comments + Add Comment
- Djmurphy: on Juan Lagares Heading To New York (Knee): He hurt his knee so met team...
- MetsWatchman: on Granderson Holds Firm On Four-Years, $64 Million: Why would Granderson accept that when you...
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Juan Lagares Heading To New York (Knee): Met doctors? He's out for the season.
- Metsie: on Nothing Is Imminent: The Story Of Us: Please tell me what makes you think...
- Tommy Med: on Granderson Holds Firm On Four-Years, $64 Million: Seattle offered cano 10 years 240 million....
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!