Mets Acquire Infielder Brandon Hicks From Oakland For Cash
The Mets announced that they have acquired infielder Brandon Hicks from the Oakland A’s for cash considerations.
Hicks, 27, hit .172 with three home runs and seven RBI in 64 at-bats over 22 games with the A’s last season.
He also batted .244 with 18 homers and 61 RBIs in 328 at-bats with Triple-A Sacramento.
In his major league career, Hicks has started 19 games at shortstop and one apiece at first base, second base and third base. It is now more likely that Ronny Cedeno will nor be back next season.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
38 Comments + Add Comment
- DrDooby: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Prior to the start of the off-season,...
- Hatt Marvey: on With Hart and LoMo Off The Boards, Plot Thickens For First Base Market: FINALLY someone else has said what Ive...
- Dave In Spain: on With Hart and LoMo Off The Boards, Plot Thickens For First Base Market: If they can move Davis, would it...
- DrDooby: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: Gregg reminds me a lot of Brandon...
- DrDooby: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: None of these players would be valuable...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!