At Least 12 Teams Would Be Interested In Trading For Dickey
Andy Martino of the Daily News, reports that if the Mets were to pursue a trade for their top starter R.A. Dickey, at least 12 or more teams could be interested according to a few baseball executives he spoke with.
One National League talent evaluator told Martino, “It makes sense that they would think about selling high on him, there would obviously be a lot of interest.”
While he adds that it’s far from certain that the Mets will deal their ace, there is far more talk about trading Niese than Dickey. Either way, both pitchers will draw a lot of interest.
Dickey is coming off a Cy Young caliber season, going 20-6 with a 2.73 earned run average. He is signed for 2013 to a $5 million dollar contract.
If you had to absolutely trade one of Dickey of Niese, who would it be?
About the Author: Rob Johnson
28 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- taskmaster4450: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: Ike in the 4th spot lasted two...
- RandomGuy: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: I see only one thing, and that...
- Johnny: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: I like Marcum, but he is the...
- RandomGuy: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: And the run that scored... yup he...
- Mike Jones: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Isn't it telling that you had to...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!