Yankees GM Shoots Down A-Rod To Marlins Rumor
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has denied a published report that suggested the Yankees have held discussions with the Miami Marlins about a potential Alex Rodriguez trade. ”It’s not true”, Cashman told MLB.com.
Earlier today, Keith Olbermann reported that the Yankees are willing to pay nearly all of the $114 million dollars that is still owed to Rodriguez through the 2017 season. Olbermann also added that in return for Heath Bell they would consider picking up less salary.
One thing to note is that Rodriguez has a full no-trade clause and must approve any deal. However, Rodriguez does live in Miami during the offseason.
In other crosstown news, Derek Jeter will undergo surgery on his fractured left ankle on Saturday. The operation will be performed by Dr. Robert Anderson and Jeter is expected to be out for four or five months while recovering from the operation.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
39 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- wasadeyo: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Puello, Vaughn I have been waiting for...
- Jerseymet: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Just like last year. He needs...
- StearnsDude: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Demotion is long overdue. Besides being an...
- Joe D: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: It's gotta be the beard, ya gotta...
- Joe D: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Trust me on this. CThomp is absolutely...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!