Mets News: Fred Lewis Also Chopped From 40-Man Roster
Yesterday, the Mets announced that they have removed catcher Rob Johnson from the 40-man roster and that he is now a free agent. Johnson was actually eligible for arbitration with the Mets, but now that becomes a moot point. He appeared in 17 games for the Mets in 2012 and hit .250 with four RBI in 52 at-bats.
Today, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that outfielder Fred Lewis has also been removed from the 40-man roster and will likely become a free agent. Lewis batted .294 with 13 home runs and 45 RBI in 419 at-bats for Triple-A Buffalo in 2012 and went 3 for 20 in a September call-up.
With Justin Hampson also being removed from the 40-man earlier in the week, the 40-man roster now stands at 37 as they continue to make room to protect some players from the Rule 5 Draft and also for adding new players this Winter.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
24 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- RandomGuy: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: And the run that scored... yup he...
- Mike Jones: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Isn't it telling that you had to...
- Mike Jones: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Do pervy old people typically change the...
- Matt Mosher: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: Trading Dickey for that package was a...
- Aaron: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: Gone! 3-3. Cueto and Marcum both struggling. This...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!