Ludwick Will Decline $5M Option, Could Sign Multi-Year Deal To Stay With Reds
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that outfielder Ryan Ludwick will turn down his side of the $5 million mutual option on his contract with the Reds, However, Heyman adds that the Reds will discuss a new multi-year deal with Ludwick in the hopes of keeping him in Cincinnati.
Over the weekend, Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News, reported that Ludwick will receive multi-year offers from other teams this winter, and that Cincinnati might be unable to match those offers. But according to Heyman, buth sides are very interested in working something out and Ludwick has enjoyed his time with the Reds.
Ludwick, 34, had a solid 2012 season posting a 275/.346/.531 slash connecting for 26 home runs and driving in 80 in 422 at-bats. He signed a one-year, $2.5 million contract with the Reds before the 2012 season.
As a righthanded hitter with power, he may have been a good fit for the Mets, but probably out of their price range.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
8 Comments + Add Comment
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: You know Connor maybe you should have...
- metsfaninparadise: on Cowgill and Nieuwenhuis Continue to Struggle in Minors: No guarantee Den Dekker's offense will be...
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: And JoeyD and I have posted dozens...
- Fonzie13: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Sandy was brought in to help rebuild...
- Ernest: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: .....Not for nothin, but the last time...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!