How To Fix The Mets According To The Movies
The four things the Mets have to do this off-season to keep the Moneyball project going strong according to the movies…
1. Hire Jonah Hill immediately to assist Sandy Alderson in the front office.
2. Trade Ike Davis.
Find a guy with nerve damage in his throwing arm to play first base.
Why? Because walks are better than 30+ home runs.
3. Adopt Norman Dale’s “hoosiers” philosophy when up at the plate.
Norman Dale didn’t want his Huskers shooting until they passed the ball four times. In similar fashion, the Mets would like their hitters seeing more pitches. They will make it mandatory that every Met player takes at least one strike before swinging the bat in 2013. If a player violates this rule, they will get benched, even if it means playing with 8.
4. Bring Kelly Leak out of retirement to play an outfield position.
With all the very serious things being written about what the Mets, I felt it was necessary to have some fun with the situation. With all the off-season concerns, it seems like we are all beating a dead horse at this point. Everyone knows the problems the Mets are facing, and it’s going to be a tough pill to swallow if we don’t see the Mets taking steps over the winter to improve the situation.
I, for one, am glad the season is over. I need a break, and I am sure many other Mets fans feel the same way. I wouldn’t expect any major changes coming this winter either. The Mets aren’t going to throw money at free-agents, and they don’t have much trade bait.
The 2013 Mets are going to look very similar to the 2012 Mets.
Let’s not get discouraged as fans though. Let’s look at what the Orioles and Athletics were able to do this year, and have some faith in the Mets for 2013. Everyone starts with a clean slate and in first place on day one. Maybe in thinking that way, we will be able to sleep better at night this winter.
About the Author: Mitch Petanick
8 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- Hank: on Wheeler Deals, Mets Sweep Braves In Nightcap, 6-1: Fingers crossed the kid keep dealin' for...
- XtreemIcon: on Mets Acquire Eric Young Jr. For Collin McHugh, DFA Cowgill and Promote Brown: I'm pretty sure McHugh is reporting to...
- sarge69: on Mets Acquire Eric Young Jr. For Collin McHugh, DFA Cowgill and Promote Brown: Why? According to MLB sources, he is average...
- DrDooby: on Atchison Leaves Game With Sore Right Groin: It clears a roster spot for the...
- Jason bay: on Wheeler Deals, Mets Sweep Braves In Nightcap, 6-1: No doubt there are some disappointed Mets...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!