How To Fix The Mets According To The Movies
The four things the Mets have to do this off-season to keep the Moneyball project going strong according to the movies…
1. Hire Jonah Hill immediately to assist Sandy Alderson in the front office.
2. Trade Ike Davis.
Find a guy with nerve damage in his throwing arm to play first base.
Why? Because walks are better than 30+ home runs.
3. Adopt Norman Dale’s “hoosiers” philosophy when up at the plate.
Norman Dale didn’t want his Huskers shooting until they passed the ball four times. In similar fashion, the Mets would like their hitters seeing more pitches. They will make it mandatory that every Met player takes at least one strike before swinging the bat in 2013. If a player violates this rule, they will get benched, even if it means playing with 8.
4. Bring Kelly Leak out of retirement to play an outfield position.
With all the very serious things being written about what the Mets, I felt it was necessary to have some fun with the situation. With all the off-season concerns, it seems like we are all beating a dead horse at this point. Everyone knows the problems the Mets are facing, and it’s going to be a tough pill to swallow if we don’t see the Mets taking steps over the winter to improve the situation.
I, for one, am glad the season is over. I need a break, and I am sure many other Mets fans feel the same way. I wouldn’t expect any major changes coming this winter either. The Mets aren’t going to throw money at free-agents, and they don’t have much trade bait.
The 2013 Mets are going to look very similar to the 2012 Mets.
Let’s not get discouraged as fans though. Let’s look at what the Orioles and Athletics were able to do this year, and have some faith in the Mets for 2013. Everyone starts with a clean slate and in first place on day one. Maybe in thinking that way, we will be able to sleep better at night this winter.
About the Author: Mitch Petanick
MMO Player Analyst and prospect guru. Still lacing them up and flattening baseballs in the HVNABA. You can check out some more of my personal thoughts regarding Mets' Prospects at my personal blog www.metsprospects.com (but most of my stuff can be found right here on MMO). Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FirstPitchMitch
8 Comments + Add Comment
- taskmaster4450: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Why would you put Lagares in LF?...
- Hotstreak: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Is the House rebuilt? Answer NO. Can...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: SS Danny Espinosa
- metfan62: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: TO ANY MET FAN THAT CARES: POST...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Kevin, I know he looked horrible but I...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!