St. Lucie Eliminated From FSL Playoffs After 11-7 Defeat
Chase Huchingson & Co. struggled with pitching and the lack of any quality defense doomed the St. Lucie Mets in their 11-7 series loss.
Chase Huchingson struggled, pitching three and one-third innings, allowing six runs on seven hits, walking one and striking out three. The bullpen was put into work early, with Jack Leathersich pitching one and two-third innings, striking out four. John Church pitched two-thirds of an inning, allowing three runs on two hits, walking two and striking out two to take the loss. Hamilton Bennett came out and gave up three hits in his inning of work. Adrian Rosario went one and two-third innings, allowing one hit and two unearned runs, while walking one and striking out one. T.J. Chism went out for the last inning of work, and struck out one.
The bullpen was victimized by some untimely hits, as well as four errors.
Offensively, St. Lucie wasn’t shy, but couldn’t keep up with the Hammerheads offense. Alonzo Harris and Cesar Puello each had home runs, and Danny Muno and Richard Lucas had 2 RBI days as well. Cory Vaughn had a rough day, going 0 for 5 with three strikeouts. The offense showed up, and with a decent pitching effort this would’ve been good. With the bullpen forced into work by the third inning, however relievers who aren’t used to being used early were forced into work.
Danny Muno was 3 for 5 with two RBI, one run, and one strikeout. Muno can hit, which is where all of his MLB potential will lie.
Blake Forsythe went 1 for 3 with a walk and a strikeout, but also made a key error on a catch.
The pitching, which has been generally strong was weak.
Congratulations to St. Lucie for making it into the playoffs!
About the Author: Sean Kenny
Sean Kenny is a student/writer currently attending school at the City College of New York. For more Mets news, notes and thoughts follow him on twitter @TheSeanKenny
1 Comment + Add Comment
- Jimmy Pernil: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: Puerto Ricans fell behind, because MLB decided...
- taskmaster4450: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Yes Ike is still young and yes...
- Angelo: on Series Preview: Here Come The First Place Atlanta Braves: actually i think Minor is the only...
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Not a one as promising as Gooden...
- Doug: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: He got the top picks through trades:...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!