New York Mets’ Mike Piazza gestures to the crowd after hitting a two run eighth inning home run against the Atlanta Braves at Shea Stadium in New York Friday, Sept. 21, 2001. This was the first baseball game in New York since the World Trade Center attack of Sept. 11. The Mets won 3-2. (AP Photo/Lou Requena) Original Filename: BRAVES_METS_XNYR408.jpg
About the Author: Rob Silverman
It was 1973 when my dad introduced this 7 year old kid to Baseball and the Mets. It's been a love and passion that has lasted for 40 years, much longer than my first marriage. Since I was little, there've been 2 things I've always dreamed of: 1) Being a successful author and 2) playing right field for the Mets after Rusty Staub retired. Although 4 decades have passed and based on the current condition of the Mets, I have not given up on either dream
Leave a comment
- vigouge: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: It's Bill Madden, never underestimate his ability...
- Hatt Marvey: on Jenrry Mejia To Compete For Spot In Rotation This Spring: Hahaha, thats right, how can it take...
- vigouge: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: You'd seriously go into a season with...
- Hatt Marvey: on Winter Meetings: Ike Davis Trade Not Imminent: Murphy aint going no where. Watch & see....SA...
- Hatt Marvey: on ESPN New York: Justin Turner Cut For Not Hustling: Somebody misconstrued something here.... They couldn't possibly have...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!