Mets Notes: Edgin Unscored Upon In Last 16 Appearances, Wright Has 41 Game Errorless Streak
R.A. DICKEY: Leads the National League with a 2.67 ERA (second in the majors) and is tied for second in the majors with 18 wins, one behind Gio Gonzalez and David Price. Dickey is second in the NL with 205 strikeouts. Dickey also leads the NL in complete games (five), shutouts (three) and innings pitched (212.0). He is third in the majors with a 1.04 WHIP and third in the NL with a .223 batting average against.
JOSH EDGIN: Has not allowed an earned run in his last 16 appearances dating back to August 19. During that time, he’s tossed 11.0 innings, surrendered five hits, three walks and fanned six. Edgin has stranded 16 of 20 inherited runners.
DAVID WRIGHT: Wright is fifth in the majors with a .397 on-base percentage, tied for sixth with 40 doubles and is sixth in the National League with a .310 batting average. He ranks second in the NL with 78 walks. Wright is tied for the National League lead with 16 intentional walks and ranks sixth in the NL with a .307 batting average vs. right-handers. Wright has not committed an error in a career-high 41 straight games. Wright’s last error came on August 1 at San Francisco.
DANIEL MURPHY: Is hitting .380 (19-50) with four doubles, two home runs and seven RBI in September. His .380 average is the second-best in the NL this month. Murphy is one double shy of tying his career-high (38) in 2010.
METS FUTILITY: The Mets have been outscored 129-58 in the second half of the season at home. By contrast, New York has been outscored 144-143 on the road after the All-Star break. The Mets are 4-22 at home in the second half and 16-19 on the road (20-41 overall). New York’s pitching staff has posted a 4.44 ERA (118 ER/239.0 IP) at home since the break and a 4.11 ERA (137 ER/299.2 IP) on the road during that period. The Mets have scored three runs or less in 14 consecutive home games, a franchise record.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
4 Comments + Add Comment
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on While Things Are Not Yet Set, Collins Says Lagares Will Be In His Outfield: Lol...oh no....Jeffy is waiting for the season...
- Alwayzamazin: on While Things Are Not Yet Set, Collins Says Lagares Will Be In His Outfield: maybe it will be duda. Terry says...
- the mad met: on While Things Are Not Yet Set, Collins Says Lagares Will Be In His Outfield: If florez and montero are these amazing...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on While Things Are Not Yet Set, Collins Says Lagares Will Be In His Outfield: BREAKING NEWS!!!! Source: Mets asked Brewers for young,...
- Alwayzamazin: on While Things Are Not Yet Set, Collins Says Lagares Will Be In His Outfield: left over dregs LOL sad but true...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!