Mets Minors: Organizational Leaders In Batting
T.J. Rivera led the Mets Minors with a .320 combined batting average this season between Low-A Savannah and High-A St. Lucie. Rivera was tearing it up at a .332/.396/.487 clip in 64 games with Savannah before he was promoted. He slowed down considerably after joining St. Lucie, but still batted a more than respectable .306 although he lost over 100 points in his OPS. Here are the organizational top ten in Batting Average:
- T.J. Rivera, St. Lucie, .320
- Wilmer Flores, Binghamton, .300
- Cam Maron, Savannah, .300
- Eric Campbell, Binghamton, .297
- Fred Lewis, Buffalo, .294
- Alonzo Harris Jr., St. Lucie, .287
- Josh Satin, Buffalo, .286
- Juan Lagares, Binghamton, .283
- Josh Rodriguez, Buffalo, .276
- Matt den Dekker, Buffalo, .274
Catcher Camden Maron spent the entire season at Low-A Savannah where he led the team in over a half dozen offensive categories. He got off to a slow start but ended the season with a .300/.403/.408 slash in 93 games behind the dish. Here are the rest of the organizational leaders in On-Base Percentage:
- Cam Maron, Savannah, .403
- Eric Campbell, Binghamton, .391
- Josh Satin, Buffalo, .391
- Fred Lewis, Buffalo, .379
- Brandon Nimmo, Brooklyn, .371
Outfielder and journeyman Fred Lewis has spent plenty of time in the Majors and it no doubt helped him to pace the organization with an impressive .482 slugging percentage. The Mets rewarded him for his efforts with by making room for him on the 40-Man Roster and giving him a September Call-up. Here are the organizational leaders in Slugging Percentage:
- Fred Lewis, Buffalo, .482
- Wilmer Flores, Buffalo, .479
- Travis Taijeron, St. Lucie, .477
- Aderlin Rodriguez, St. Lucie, .476
- Cory Vaughn, St. Lucie, .463
St. Lucie provided the top four home run leaders for the Mets with third baseman Aderlin Rodriguez leading the pack with 24 homers. Rodriguez also began the season with Low-A Savannah where he hit 16 of his home runs. His .797 OPS this season was a huge step up from the .637 OPS he finished with in 2011. Here are the organizational leaders in Home Runs:
- Aderlin Rodriguez, St. Lucie, 24
- Cory Vaughn, St. Lucie, 23
- Travis Taijeron, St. Lucie, 19
- Wilmer Flores, Binghamton, 18
- Matt den Dekker, Buffalo, 17
Runs Batted In
No Mets minor leaguer hit the century mark in RBI this season, but Aderlin Rodriguez led the circuit with 83 ribbies. Here are the organizational leaders in Runs Batted In:
- Aderlin Rodriguez, St. Lucie, 83
- Matt den Dekker, Buffalo, 76
- Wilmer Flores, Binghamton, 75
- Cory Vaughn, St. Lucie, 69
- Dustin Lawley, Savannah, 63
This one wasn’t even close as Alonzo Harris went from being to one of the fastest prospects in the organization to becoming an accomplished base-stealer this season. His 40 swipes were more than he had in 2010 and 2011 combined, and he has become a significant asset for this organization which is desperate for speed at all levels including the Majors. Here are the organizational leaders in Stolen Bases:
- Alonzo Harris Jr., St. Lucie, 40
- Fred Lewis, Buffalo, 25
- Matt den Dekker, Buffalo, 21
- Juan Lagares, Binghamton, 21
- Cory Vaughn, St. Lucie, 21
There you have it, the 2012 Mets Organizational Leaders in Batting. Tomorrow I will post our Organizational Pitching Leaders.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
16 Comments + Add Comment
- jason bay: on Rave Reviews From MMO Staff To Curtis Granderson Signing!: The spend just to spend crowd has...
- Rooster: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: He was late. You're going by the...
- Rooster: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: I'd take Aybar over Tejada any day,...
- jason bay: on MMO Fan Shot: Granderson Is In The House… What’s Next?: Again Joey, The Mets did not have the...
- The Mets Fan: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: Jhonny Peralta was too high? We just...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!