Mets Promote LHP Garrett Olson
Following the news that Tim Byrdak has a torn anterior capsule in his left shoulder, the Mets announced that Garrett Olson will be recalled from Triple-A Buffalo on Monday. He will be added to the team’s active roster before today’s game against the Marlins.
In 25 appearances for Triple-A Buffalo this year, Olson has made 21 starts and has a 4.56 ERA in 108.2 innings pitched. Left-handed hitters have hit .270 against him in 33 1/3 innings against them this season.
With the loss of Byrdak for the season,Terry Collins had said he wanted a second southpaw in the pen along with Josh Edgin.
The Mets have not yet announced the corresponding roster move to make room for Olson on the active roster, but Elvin Ramirez appears to be the player on the bubble.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
14 Comments + Add Comment
- Trs86: on The Beat Goes On: Signs That The Mets Are Back In Business: Agreed, you can always smell a loser.
- Hotstreak: on This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty: Random Thoughts On Bartolo Colon: The ghost of Babe Ruth will be...
- Buddy3: on Bartolo Colon – An Intriguing Signing: Long guy at $ 10 million a...
- emarie: on This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty: Random Thoughts On Bartolo Colon: as long as he takes C.C., and...
- vigouge: on The Beat Goes On: Signs That The Mets Are Back In Business: Morales is physically unable to play the...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!