Mets First Rounder Cecchini Fractures Finger
Mets VP of Player Development Paul DePodesta said Gavin Cecchini, the Mets first round selection in the 2012 amateur draft, has fractured the tip of his middle finger, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
DePodesta did not say how long it might take Cecchini to recover from the fracture.
“I’m not one to estimate recovery time. Fortunately, he’s already had a pretty full year,” DePodesta added.
Cecchini was hitting.250 with one home run and 13 RBI with 13 walks and 26 strikeouts in 126 at-bats for Kingsport this season.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
7 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Dave In Spain: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Hefner is a Purchase Order? But is...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: One can certainly argue about keeping Reyes...
- ill_egl: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Good read. I enjoyed this post. It...
- ill_egl: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: I feel the Beltran trade was one...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: The 2011 payroll actually ended up right...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!