Dillon Gee Gets Clean Bill Of Health, Will Begin Throwing
Here’s some good news…
New York Mets right-hander Dillon Gee received a clean bill of health after having an angiogram in St. Louis on Friday, reports Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
The test was administered by the same doctor who performed surgery to repair a damaged artery in Gee’s pitching shoulder six weeks earlier.
“The visit in St. Louis couldn’t have gone better,” Gee told ESPNNewYork.com. “He said I look great.”
“I don’t foresee a return this year, but I’m not trying to put a timetable on anything,” Gee said. “I just want to begin throwing and see how I progress from there.”
According to Rubin’s report, Gee will wait until next week to begin throwing and full workouts and is expected to have no issues when he reports for spring training in February.
Our own Jim Mancari wrote a solid piece on the impact of Gee’s loss this season to the Mets:
Gee was just 6-7 with a 4.10 ERA in 17 starts, so you may be asking how this injury was so detrimental. But look at his game logs, and you’ll see how vital he was to the Mets’ first half success.
In those 17 starts, Gee tallied 12 quality starts. The Mets however only won six of those games, proving the offense and bullpen were of course futile.
Throw out his first three starts of the season (even though he threw a seven-inning gem against the Braves in his second start), and Gee threw quality starts in 11 of his final 14 games.
What more can you ask of your fifth starter?
Gee’s record was not indicative of how he performed this season. It’s a shame that he went on the disabled when he did, because he was just coming off a stellar eight-inning, one-run outing against the Cubs right before the break.
Read the rest of Jim’s article here.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
6 Comments + Add Comment
- Tonny2cat: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: We won't see Flores until after mid-June...
- Sloatsburg Mets Fan: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: "Maybe the fact that he’s been moved...
- cheap christian louboutin uk impact for your age group - abraham0225's Blog - Blogster: on Mets Minors Report 5/22: Alderson Says Wheeler Could Get Promoted After 2-3 Good Starts: Mets Minors Report 5/22: Alderson Says Wheeler...
- allen wan: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: I don't understand why people care whether...
- DrDooby: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: Harvey has improved by leaps & bounds...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!