Byrdak To DL With Sore Shoulder
The New York Mets have announced that left handed reliever Tim Byrdak has been placed on the 15 Day DL with a sore left shoulder.
Byrdak, 38, will have an MRI in New York on Monday and will be examined by team doctors from the Hospital for Special Surgery.
Byrdak said he injured himself delivering a slider in the road trip opener in Arizona last Thursday.
“I threw that last slider on a strikeout and I just kind of felt something in the back of my shoulder roll a little bit,” Byrdak said.
“I started seeking treatment on it right away, but it was a situation where it’s still there. It’s not getting any better.”
The Mets lefty specialist is 2-2 for the season with a 4.41 in 56 appearances spanning 30.2 innings.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
2 Comments + Add Comment
- Marco: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: When are we going to finally acknowledge...
- Major Mofongo: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: "but that rarely happens anyway and Omar...
- Coyote: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Well done.
- Metsie: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: But Phil, It's not about how much...
- ray sadecki: on Mets Are Ten Games Below .500 – It’s Starting To Feel Like 1978: Speaking of all the noise, At least...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!