Game Preview & Lineup: Harvey Makes MLB Debut As Mets Begin 4-Game Set With D’Backs
- Ruben Tejada – SS
- Daniel Murphy – 2B
- David Wright – 3B
- Scott Hairston – RF
- Ike Davis – 1B
- Jason Bay – LF
- Andres Torres – CF
- Rob Johnson – C
- Matt Harvey – RHP
The Mets go out west to find themselves, or some wins. Preferably some wins. It would be nice to win again. How rude of me, I forgot to wish you a Happy Matt Harvey day! Today the Mets rookie pitcher makes his first of three West Coast starts to open up his major league career, but more on that later. Harvey goes up against Wade Miley tonight out in Arizona.
Harvey, who we must be careful not to paint as the savior of the team, is coming off of a strong spring training and a mostly strong minor league year. On the season he is 7-5 with a 3.68 ERA over 20 starts for the Bisons. His main weakness this year has been his control, which leads to his walks 3.9 BB/9. Obviously, he has no official AB’s against Major League batters.
The Mets bats will get a look at Wade Miley who is 11-5 over 15 games, 16 starts with a 3.02 ERA over 113.1 innings of work. In the month of July he has pitched 19.1 innings with a 3.72 ERA and is coming off of a strong 7 IP , 1 ER performance. Earlier this year he pitched 6.0 innings against the Mets while allowed 4 ER. The Mets have the following numbers against him:
Hairston 1-3, 2B
Murphy 1-3, 2B
Torres 2-3, 2B
Wright 1-1, 2 BB
Let’s Go Mets !
About the Author: Elliot Teichman
6 Comments + Add Comment
- ScoreboardSteve: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: In terms of his progression, when do...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: http://i2.listal.com/image/1527248/600full-anne-vyalitsyna.jpg
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: LMAO@SRT good one Well played madame, well played...
- Joe D: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Dual standards can...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Only reason I brought up Valdespin was...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!