Alderson Says Mets No Longer Buyers
Sandy Alderson told reporters at Citi Field that while they are still exploring different scenarios on the trade market, they can no longer consider themselves buyers anymore.
Alderson said the change in direction is due to the team’s poor performance since the All-Star Break.
- Mike Kerwick: Mets are no longer buyers, per Sandy, but that doesn’t mean they are sellers either. They are “exploring options.”
- Anthony DiComo: Sandy Alderson sure sounds like a man who’s standing pat (or close to it) at the Trade Deadline.
- Brian Costa: Doesn’t sound like Mets are going to be buyers or sellers at this point. As Alderson said today, a lot has changed in a week.
- Adam Rubin: Sandy Alderson all but suggests he’s not trading players in final year of contract unless there’s some 2012-13 benefit. (Hairston/Byrdak)
- Terry Collins: Are you hosing me? (when told Snooki was in the dugout)
This has been the worst kept secret of the season.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
52 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: This guy is a hitting machine. When...
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Trade murph his value has nvr been...
- Fonzie13: on Mateo Had Tommy John Surgery This Week: This sucks. I'm just as high on...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Now you're just trolling, Giants won...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: a 22 year old playing in low...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!