Mets News: Niese’s Heart Condition Is Not Serious, Tejada To Be Activated Friday
Mets starter Jonathon Niese says he’s OK after his heart started racing during a game over the weekend. Niese was pulled from the game after tossing six impressive innings in which he struck out ten batters.
Yesterday, Niese said that he’s expecting to have a minor procedure during the All-Star break to help correct the condition that leads to his heart racing. He was checked by doctors Monday who said that everything was normal and that “it’s nothing serious.”
Ruben Tejada who is out with a strained quadriceps, began a rehab assignment with Triple-A Buffalo on Monday night and played five innings and going 0-for-3 at the plate. Terry Collins expects Tejada to be activated from the DL this Friday for the Subway Series opener at Yankee Stadium.
The 22-year old shortstop was having a solid season for the Mets before the injury and was batting .306 with a .362 on-base percentage in 105 at-bats with ten doubles and 14 runs scored. His addition will be a nice boost for the team.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
3 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- ill_egl: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Good read. I enjoyed this post. It...
- ill_egl: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: I feel the Beltran trade was one...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: The 2011 payroll actually ended up right...
- DrDooby: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Hefner is what he is. A pedestrian...
- DrDooby: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: I believe Centeno hurt his hamstring.
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!