Tejada Batting and Running, Could Start Rehab Games This Week
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, Terry Collins said Ruben Tejada batted in an extended Spring Training game in Port St. Lucie yesterday.
Tejada did not play in the field and is trying to comeback from a strained right quadricep muscle he suffered while diving into first base in a game against the Diamondbacks on May 6.
Last week, Collins told reporters Tejada had begun running drills and could appear in rehab games as soon as Monday or Tuesday.
There’s no doubt that losing Tejada has had an adverse affect on the team especially at the top of the order where Andres Torres has failed to produce.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
3 Comments + Add Comment
- Joey D.: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Hi DrD., Meant two regulars over thirty. ...
- Hank: on Putting SS Erisbel Arruebarruena In Context: Pass. Diaz is better. If not Diaz,...
- Jack: on Putting SS Erisbel Arruebarruena In Context: This Cuban guy's defense does look sick!...
- Jeru: on MMO Fan Shot: How Granderson’s Power Plays In Citi Field: ....and yet Beltran has played more games...
- Captain America: on MMO Fan Shot: How Granderson’s Power Plays In Citi Field: 17%
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!