Tejada Batting and Running, Could Start Rehab Games This Week
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, Terry Collins said Ruben Tejada batted in an extended Spring Training game in Port St. Lucie yesterday.
Tejada did not play in the field and is trying to comeback from a strained right quadricep muscle he suffered while diving into first base in a game against the Diamondbacks on May 6.
Last week, Collins told reporters Tejada had begun running drills and could appear in rehab games as soon as Monday or Tuesday.
There’s no doubt that losing Tejada has had an adverse affect on the team especially at the top of the order where Andres Torres has failed to produce.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
3 Comments + Add Comment
- gorgeguy: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: How does a thread go from Ike...
- Sylow59: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: The Cards FO lives and breathes sabermetrics,...
- Sylow59: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Cards wouldn't play JV. They jettisoned Rasmus...
- Connor O'Brien: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Expos made their mistakes under Minaya as...
- gorgeguy: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: ..you mean Josh Satin's, Angelo? Don't know...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!