Mets Release D.J. Carrasco
Sandy Alderson has only made two multi-year free agent signings as Mets GM. The first of those was reliever D.J. Carrasco, who was finally released after parts of two dismal seasons. Frank Francisco was the other beneficiary of a multi year deal, after being signed to a $12 million, two year deal in the Winter.
Carrasco’s release came soon after he served up a two-run homer to Todd Frazier in a 6-3 loss to the Cincinnati Reds.
On Tuesday, Carrasco started a tempest after he plunked Brewers star Ryan Braun, prompting Terry Collins to remove David Wright from the game in fear of retaliation.
With Carrasco now designated for assignment, the Mets will promote left-handed reliever Robert Carson from Double-A Binghamton.
Carrasco was signed to a two-year, $2.2 million deal during the 2010-11 offseason.
After the game when he was told he had been cut, Carrasco was neither surprised or shook up about it;
“It was pretty self-explanatory,” Carrasco said. “I would have done the same thing if I was the GM.”
About the Author: Rob Johnson
146 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- VoiceOfReason: on Matt Harvey: The Mets’ Number One Badass: TheVoiceofReason also would like to point out...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: None of the Sandy lovers were around...
- Connor O'Brien: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: People get way too caught up in...
- Ball_Four: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: I just want JV1 and Flores traded...
- VoiceOfReason: on Matt Harvey: The Mets’ Number One Badass: The VoiceOfReason says the reason Pujols wasn't...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!