Injury Updates: Beato Solid In Rehab, Bay and Thole To Begin Baseball Activities
Last night, reliever Pedro Beato allowed one hit and struck out two in a scoreless inning. It was his second rehab appearance as he looks to return from a strained right rotator cuff that sidelined him in spring training. So far Beato has pitched two hitless innings since he began pitching in rehab games last week.
He is eligible to return to the team in five days, but there’s a good chance the Mets will assign him to Triple-A Buffalo for more seasoning as was the original plan had he not gotten hurt.
Meanwhile, Jason Bay and Josh Thole have arrived in Port St. Lucie and are set to begin baseball activities.
Bay will begin taking batting practice this morning and could soon play in a few minor league rehab games as a designated hitter as soon as this weekend.
Thole is a little further behind and is expected to work on some light drills and batting practice this week. No word yet on when he will begin playing in any rehab games.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Christopher: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Alderson has been to 3 world series...
- Christopher: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Alderson has been to 3 world series...
- taskmaster4450: on High Ranking Mets Official Says Wheeler To Join Mets After 2-3 More Starts: Dont leave Montero out of the mix....
- Reed: on High Ranking Mets Official Says Wheeler To Join Mets After 2-3 More Starts: Collins will probably use Wheeler in long...
- L.J.Phipps: on Mets Are Ten Games Below .500 – It’s Starting To Feel Like 1978: Agreed, I have been a support since...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!