Wright Could Be Headed For DL, Source Says Satin Would Get The Call
David Wright was held out of Friday’s lineup and could very well land on the DL if his fractured pinkie finger doesn’t show some signs of improvement by tomorrow according to Terry Collins.
Wright was very concerned about his public perception regarding his toughness and pain tolerance:
It’s not about me sucking it up and playing through pain. I functionally can’t grip a bat or grip a baseball. This isn’t banged-up. I take great pride in going out there and playing through pain. But this would be stupid. I would be hurting the team. It doesn’t make sense.
The Mets plan to wait to see how Wright is before making a decision on whether to put him on the DL, but a tram source told Adam Rubin of ESPN that Josh Satin would be “poised to take Wright’s roster spot”.
Satin, 27, hit .200 with two RBIs in 25 at-bats with the Mets last September, and is currently hitting .250 with a homer and four RBIs through eight games with the Bisons this season.
If true, this is kind of an odd way to go for the Mets, especially with third baseman Zach Lutz tearing it up and already on the 40 man roster. Lutz is batting .333/.400/.593 with two homers and six RBI in 31 AB for Buffalo.
In the short term, Daniel Murphy could slide over to third base for Saturday’s game if Wright cant play, with either Ronny Cedeno or Justin Turner slotting in at second.
It’s never easy for the New York Mets, is it?
Original Post 4/13
David Wright is not in tonight’s Mets lineup against the Phillies.
He is still bothered by his broken right pinkie, which he fractured diving back into first base on Monday.
Justin Turner will replace him at third base and bat third in the lineup.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
36 Comments + Add Comment
- oleosmirf: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Just because they all seem to dislike...
- oleosmirf: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: I watched Flores play 2B in spring...
- Hawk: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Please send Tejada down with Ike.
- Dave Willins: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Enough of TC bungling already. Let's please...
- Heybatter: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Rice will have to......Edgin pitched one inning...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!