Torres Confirms He’s Heading To The DL
Update 4:45 PM
Torres confirms he’s going to the DL and when asked how long he’ll be out he responded “I don’t know, three weeks?”.
He’s on his way to Port St. Lucie to begin rehab on his calf.
The Mets options to replace him on the roster would be Adam Loewen, Vinny Rottino, Matt den Dekker and Kirk Nieuwenhuis. Neither of them are perfect options for a variety of reasons.
Original Post 4:05 PM
Andres Torres, who had dealt with a strained left calf for most of spring training, came up lame while chasing a Tyler Pastornicky shot to center in the seventh inning. Torres immediately departed the game, and it looked like he may have re-injured that same left calf.
Scott Hairston took over in center field.
Following the game, Terry Collins said, “I’m sure we’ll have to make a move for tomorrow,” an indication that a trip to the DL is likely.
Collins also said Ruben Tejada will replace Torres as the team’s lead-off hitter.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
10 Comments + Add Comment
- Russell Zanca: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: I think it's best when we sign...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: C'mon Connor, Home/away splits??? We all know hitters almost...
- taskmaster4450: on Plawecki Nearing A Promotion From Savannah: Agree completely. Alderson is babying some...
- Brian Simons: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: Are we signing people because their tall...
- taskmaster4450: on Plawecki Nearing A Promotion From Savannah: I think that was the concern. ...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!